Monday, November 3, 2014

Getting what you deserve



Matthew 25:21

His lord said unto him, Well done, thou good 

and faithful servant: thou hast been faithful over a few 

things, I will make thee ruler over many things: enter thou 

into the joy of thy lord.


Theodore Roosevelt

If you could kick the person in the pants responsible for most 

of your trouble, you wouldn't sit for a month.

Erin Cummings

At the end of the day, you are solely responsible for your 

success and your failure. And the sooner you realize that, you 

accept that, and integrate that into your work ethic, you will 

start being successful. As long as you blame others for the 

reason you aren't where you want to be, you will always be a 

failure.



Elisabeth Kubler-Ross


I believe that we are solely responsible for our choices, and 
we have to accept the consequences of every deed, word, and
 thought throughout our lifetime.

Martin Luther

You are not only responsible for what you say, but also for 
what you do not say.

Maharishi Mahesh Yogi
Problems or successes, they all are the results of our own 
actions. Karma. The philosophy of action is that no one else is
 the giver of peace or happiness. One's own karma, one's own 
actions are responsible to come to bring either happiness or 
success or whatever.

Jack Canfield
Remember, you and you alone are responsible for 
maintaining your energy. Give up blaming, complaining and 
excuse making, and keep taking action in the direction of 
your goals - however mundane or lofty they may be.

  When I think about my choices in life and I think about my 
desires, they never really seem to add up. The reason why I 
say this is because for example, if I have the desire of being 
wealthy then I should be doing things that will make me 
wealthy but I haven't always done that and I complain. If I 
want to be world champion then I should do things that will 
lead up to being world champion but I haven't and I get 
bitter.
  So many times I look around, look at videos, movies or 
listen to stories about people accomplishing things I want. 
And then envy those people or sometimes get jealous of them 
for what they have or what they have accomplished but never
take into consideration the struggles they went through to 
achieve it. The funny thing is when I have researched what 
some people have gone through to get where they are today, 
humbly back up and think oh wow, I don't want it that bad.

  I also have to take in consideration that having more 
money, better car, bigger house, better job, better body, 
wife/husband, bigger salary, more kids, being great at 
something or whatever, comes with more responsibility. But 
what when I look at my life now, how responsible have I 
been with the money I do have? Can't pay the bills, have 
shitty credit, can't stop shopping, can't get my priorities 
straight on what I should pay first and yet I think that 
having more money will solve a deeper issue? As they say 
more money more problems. How is having a new car going 
to make my quality of life better when I don't appreciate the 
one that's paid for and faithfully gets me where I got to go? 
What makes me more promotable at my job then the next 
person when I half-ass my responsibilities every chance I get 
when no one is looking?

  Some of this is arrogance, pride, stupidity or some people 
just want others to feel sorry for them. You can be the nicest 
person in the world but it doesn't mean everything in life 
should be handed to you! Every time you take shortcuts or 
take something you don't deserve, you will never appreciate 
it and it will blow up in your face. If I was promoted to a 
position at work I wasn't ready for, I could ruin the company 
or cost it lots of money. If I took the championship belt from 
Floyd Mayweather or Klitschko then I would probably get 
my ass whooped the first fight. If I inherited a million dollars 
or won lotto (when I'm used to living on 25k a year) then I 
would probably be bankrupt in 3 years,  catch STDs from 
hookers and kill myself on alcohol or drugs.

  Every time we bitch, moan and complain for things we 
haven't earned then we disrespect those people who have 
earned it. And if you have done everything possible then your
 time is coming. Have faith that god has something better for 
you. Timing is everything and right now might not be it. We
are limited by our own minds and we can be so much more. 
But the key is to appreciate the journey and never stop 
working towards our goal. Everyday is one step closer to 
what you have worked hard for. 

  So before you criticize or think you deserve the lifestyles of 
the rich and famous or your neighbors, then check their story 
first. If you decide to take a shortcut then you have no idea 
the consequences that lie ahead. Ask yourself are you willing
to make the sacrifices they made. And if you are then 
appreciate what you have now and bust your ass to get to
where you want to be. Act and live as if you have already 
achieved it. It all starts in your mind first. With hard work, 
faith and persistence, we can all be better tomorrow then we
were today. Where the your story ends is up to you.

Thanks for reading. Please share and leave comments here.

No comments:

Post a Comment