Tuesday, September 2, 2014

Testimony Tuesday#5



Matthew 7:7-8


Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find;

knock, and it shall be opened unto you: For every 

one that asketh receiveth; and he thatseeketh findeth;

and to him that knocketh it shall be opened.


Tom Landry 

Setting a goal is not the main thing. It is deciding how you 


will go about achieving it and staying with that plan. 

Herodotus 

Some men give up their designs when they have almost 


reached the goal; while others, on the contrary, obtain a 

victory by exerting, at the last moment, more vigorous efforts 

than ever before. 


Mack R. Douglas 

The achievement of your goal is assured the moment you 


commit yourself to it. 


Brian Tracy 

The most important key to achieving great success is to 


decide upon your goal and launch, get started, take action, 

move. 


Francie Larrieu Smith 

The most important thing about motivation is goal setting. 


You should always have a goal.


Denis Waitley 

The secret to productive goal setting is in establishing clearly 

defined goals, writing them down and then focusing on them 

several times a day with words, pictures and emotions as if 

we've already achieved them. 


  So here I am on week 15 and some how still going. 

Even though I'm loving the people and the results, it 

still doesn't get easier. As I read these quotes and 

search deep down inside, it helps me to remember 

why I'm doing this. 


 I'm taking on this personal journey because #1 I'm 

tired of being fat and out of shape. #2 my greatest 

desire is to help others which serves God in the 

process. I know that I can help through many 

different avenues such as time, money, listening,

training, support etc. Even if I don't have what 

someone else may need right now, I will do my best 

to help you find it or get it. There is no greater feeling 

for me than to put others first when I can. When 

others succeed then we all do.


  So when I roll out of bed at 4:30 am and look at my 

phone I have to keep this all in mind. Do I want to

continue to do jobs that I hate or will I work toward 

my goal of doing what I love? And the answer is my 

desire to serve is greater than my desire to be lazy 

and just get by in life.


  So if anybody else is struggling in the gym, or just 

getting by, not seeing results or just not sure why 

they are doing it, then take some time to figure it out.

You have been going for weeks, months and years. 

How much progress have you made? What was your 

goal when you started? Are you consistent or make 

excuses to miss workouts? Have you reached those 

goals? Have you changed them or redefined them 

lately? How will you achieve those goals? Are you 

going to the gym to socialize or do you really want to

lose weight or run a marathon or compete in the next 

Crossfit Games? These are all questions we need to 

ask ourselves.


  Figure out where you want to be in the next few 

months. Get with someone who can help you get 

there if you don't know how. Be honest with 

yourselves. Because if you are still using the same 

weight when you first started 3 months ago, then 

either the programming your're doing sucks and you 

need your money back or maybe you haven't decided

to try yet. Either way there are cheaper, easier and 

more fun ways to waste time. You can't get back that 

time and the most valuable thing you have in this life 

is time. You can never get those seconds back so use

them wisely and make the most of it.

Thanks for reading. Please share on your Facebook and leave comments here

Workout today:
5 sets bench press 3 reps , 3 reps , 3 reps , 3 reps , 2 reps (80%-90% of one rep max)

Next:
3 sets over hand dead lift 5 reps, 5 reps, as many as you can do

Next:
12 minutes as many rounds as you can do
10 Kettle bell swings
10 Burpees
30 Double unders

I hope you all have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment