Thursday, September 11, 2014

Thursday Thoughts



Hebrews 10:24-25

And let us consider how we may spur one another on toward love and good deeds, not giving up meeting together, as some are in the habit of doing, but encouraging one another—and all the more as you see the Day approaching. (NIV version)

Stephen Covey

Accountability breeds response-ability.


Brett Hoebel

If I could give one tip for people - it's not an exercise or 

nutrition regimen. It's to walk your talk and believe in 

yourself, because at the end of the day, the dumbbell and

diet don't get you in shape. It's your accountability to your 

word.


Tom Price

One person's embarrassment is another person's 

accountability.


Jennifer Granholm

We need, first of all, for there to be accountability, for there to

be somebody who is responsible for enforcing standards 

and holding people's feet to the fire.


Anita Brookner

Accountability in friendship is the equivalent of love without strategy.


Martha Graham

"Remember that you are unique. If that has not been fulfilled, then something wonderful has been lost.

  U know I "almost" feel guilty for calling people out for not being at the gym. But I just want to make it clear that I do it out of love and I care. I hope that nothing serious happened that night obviously or came up. But we all started this journey in our own time, for our own reasons and sometimes it gets difficult to stay on track. I know a kick in the ass is great for me and it's nice when people are counting on me to be there. I can't lift the weight for you but I can cheer you on every week as you shed more pounds. I apologize for the morning breathe but it helps you get the reps done faster.

  Funny thing is there are so many days I want to skip and not come but now that I have chosen to pick on everyone, I can't give them a chance to call me out haha. Even Monday, after 4 hours of sleep, I did not want to workout! And when I saw the METCON Buttman put on the board, I grabbed my bag and went home. I made the effort to show up but knew I didn't have it in me that day. But the great thing is, if it wasn't for my brothers and sisters looking out for me, make sure I show up, then I would punk out more often. If it wasn't for them, I would cheat on workouts and not push myself so hard.

  Having people hold you accountable isn't about being in your business or thinking I'm better than you. Its just another way to help keep each other stay encouraged. Plus we all have private lives that others know nothing about and you asking what happened and if everything is ok could make a huge difference in someones life. 

  Funny thing, someone asked me yesterday if I was ok because I didn't post anything and it meant alot. When I walk into the gym in the afternoon, I dread seeing Herb because I know exactly the first thing he's going to say, "YOU GONNA SNATCH TODAY!" If it wasn't for you guys then I wouldn't be as committed as I am and I thank you for friendship and accountability. 

  So if you don't have anyone checking in on you then check in on everyone else. I guarantee it will make a world of difference. It's the little things that get us through. I promise you will miss less workouts or you will block me from your facebook or change your phone number because I'm calling you out! You should be relentless and do the same. They will hate you now but thank you later.

Thanks for reading. Please share on facebook and leave comments here and tag your accountability gym partner!

Todays workout:
Dumb bell press 3 sets of 10

Next:
Standing push press 3 sets of 5

Next:
Weighted dips

Next:
Weighted pull-ups

Next:
Cheer on your gym crush :O)

Have a great day and have a good workout!

No comments:

Post a Comment