Wednesday, July 30, 2014

Pride



Proverbs 29:23


A man's pride shall bring him low: but honour shall uphold the humble in spirit.

Andrew Murray

“Pride must die in you, or nothing of heaven can live in you.”

  I have to remember and tell myself that there is always 
someone better and not to try to do to much to fast. That's
 how you get discouraged and hurt yourself. Thankfully I 
have a bunch of superior athletes around me everyday who 
put me back in my place and encourage me to get better. I 
only hope this diary encourages someone out there too. At 

least I wouldn't feel like I'm the only one out there struggling 

with this

  I once was a high school potential superstar who never 
actually did reach my full potential due to my pride, 
arrogance and rebellious behaviour. Then I went to the 
wrong college for the wrong reasons and was never really 
accepted and dropped out after 2 years. Many years later I'm 
a chubby slob thinking "I still got it" but that's far from the 
truth. Good thing is I know and realize that if I want to come
close to where I was and surpass my best then I need to be in
the right place with the right people. Luckily I think I have 
found a great place to push me in the right direction.

This week we continue to max out and see what our 1 rep max is.

Today:
1 rep max front squat

I did:
385lbs and as you can see with not the best form

And I'm including my miss at 545lbs. A little embarassing but oh well.



Then:

1 rep max push press

I did:

275lbs

Then we did:
5 rounds ("Nancy"
1 Lap
15 bar overhead squats (men 95lbs/ women 55lbs)

I struggle with this right now but you try it and let us know how you did. Enjoy the workout and the rest of your day!


No comments:

Post a Comment