Monday, July 28, 2014

Its all in the mind



Proverbs 4:23

Keep thy heart with all diligence; for out of it are the issues of life.

T.F. Hodge

“To conquer frustration, one must remain intensely focused 

on the outcome, not the obstacles.” 


  Today is just one of those days. Long weekend with friends 

and then back to the early morning grind back in the gym. 

When I have days like these I have to remember my goals 

and what I'm doing this for. You also have to take time and 

enjoy life and appreciate every moment because tomorrow 

isn't promised. I'm also thankful and fortunate to have the 

opportunities I do and my health.

  Oh and did you see the Crossfit games this weekend?!? 

Phenonmenal athletes and a bunch of potential baby 

mommas (Miss Brooks call me!). Unfortunately nice guys 

who are out of shape and slow tend to finish last. I'm not 

going to let that discourage me because I can smash cake and 

ice cream just as fast as anybody so maybe I got a chance.


So my miserable workout today consisted of:

establishing a 1 rep max on clean and jerk

1 rep back squat max

I did:

495lbs - 1 rep squats

545lbs - failed attempt (crap is heavy)

                                    


Then we did the infamous Fran workout.
21 Thrusters and pulls ups (or ring rows)
15 Thrusters and pulls ups (or ring rows)
9   Thrusters and pulls ups (or ring rows)

I did it in 5:10 with ring rows. Ya I know I suck but at least I tried. Have a good day!

No comments:

Post a Comment