Monday, July 21, 2014

Week 7: The plan

(Please leave comments, tips, advice or share a story! I'm no professional and open to learning and hearing from everyone. I'm not the best writer, I cheated in my English class (sorry Mr. Dick) and want to get to know everyone. Share your opinions and stories, I at least would like to hear about it. Thank You)

One of the things I love about my gym is that they really give you options on how to relieve your stress. What I mean by this is when I go to my 5:30 am class I usually get there 30 min early to stretch out, pray I don't die and sit on the man throne. Now Buttman and Jenny have been kind enough to provide us kings with helpful aides when we come here which I have illustrated below. I can only imagine what they provide the queens when they enter the throne room.



Its really not my first choice on how I like to relieve stress at the gym but I like having options. They even provide paper towels and wet naps. Gotta love them. So let me start this week by identifying my goals for you that I have established so far:

1. Lose 60lbs in the next 6 months or by December (I'm currently 280lbs)
2. Increase my endurance
3. Drop my body fat % down to 8-10% (I'm 1% away from a triple by-pass so don't ask)
4. Beat Flash Gordon, Buttman and survive Jenny (there are 100 others in between but lets shoot for the best)
5. Become certified to teach and train people to do Crossfit or whatever else

To try to accomplish this the past 6 weeks, I've started precooking my meals trying to consume 4 a day. Yes I know people recommend doing 6-7 meals but one step at a time. If we were talking McDonald's, sure that's easy, but when you try to eat healthy balanced meals while doing a sales job that's unpredictable, then its no fun! I was eating 1-2 times a day before I started so this is very challenging for me. My meals either consist of chicken, steak, fish, and 12 egg whites (broken up as a side dish spread out for all 4 meals), brown whole grain rice or whatever veggies I can find laying around the house. If I'm to lazy for that then I'll hit chipotle/qdoba for beans and meat! This is what I made Sunday for the week.
My son fortunately gets to enjoy chicken nuggets and apple juice in Germany while daddy suffers here in the states. Miss my son but we will be together soon (long story).

The other thing I have been doing is taking protein and supplements:

1. 1-2 protein shakes a day (switching product this week to see if this new product is better)
2. Vitamins
3. Fiber
4. Lipodrene (fat burner but don't waste your money! Garbage)
5. Bitter Orange (helps with fat burn - Garbage)
6. USP LABS BCAA (I like this for post workout, taste good and recommend)
7. CLA (fat burner - Just started but probably garbage!)
8. Cissus (for joints, knees are cracking, man humpty is getting old)
9. Fish Oil (whatever)
10. Magnesium (adding this this week. Highly recommended for athletes so we will see)

Honestly with all my experience in fitness, there are very few things over the counter that work (incorporated with proper consistent training). I like to try stuff to see if its real or all hype. Only thing guaranteed to work is steroids! There are no short cuts for hard work and even if you take steroids, you still have to workout. And if you stop taking them you lose alot of your gains very quickly. There are pros and cons to all this crap, you just have to decide what works for you. I'm going O'natural and see how long this ride takes.

Workout for Monday was:
4 sets 5 reps on deep back squats

I did:
5 reps 315lbs
5 reps 315lbs
5 reps 405lbs
5 reps 405lbs

Then 5 sets 3 reps of stand push press. I did:
3 reps 185
3 reps 225
3 reps 245
3 reps 265
3 reps 265

The we did 10 minutes broken up of wall balls 13-15 reps followed immediately with 9-13 reps pull ups  (strict, kipping or butterfly) or modify with ring rows. You try to complete the wall balls and pull ups in 1 minute and rest the remainder of the last few seconds and repeat for 10 minutes. Men 20lbs ball, women 14lbs ball.

I was able to accomplish 95 wall balls today and 67 pull-ups/some ring rows. Now easy to beat so now you try it and let me know how you did. Side note I did beat the women today in this. Doesn't matter that they did something else. The point is I beat them finally! 

No comments:

Post a Comment