Wednesday, July 23, 2014

The Community

The real 300 with our clothes on


Ecclesiastes 4:9-12

Two are better than one; because they have a good reward for their labour.
10 For if they fall, the one will lift up his fellow: but woe to him that is alone when he falleth; for he hath not another to help him up.
11 Again, if two lie together, then they have heat: but how can one be warm alone?
12 And if one prevail against him, two shall withstand him; and a threefold cord is not quickly broken.

Elizabeth Cady Stanton
“The happiest people I have known have been those who gave themselves no concern about their own souls, but did their uttermost to mitigate the miseries of others.”

     The one cool thing I have enjoyed so far about the Cross fit community is the family atmosphere. No matter where you go, there are like minded people there who will take you in and help you push to reach your goals and dreams. Not to mention show you a good time on the road as well as kick your ass in the gym.
     I can't emphasis enough to people out there who want the best workout of your life and want to make good, life long friends, try a good Crossfit gym for a week and see if it doesn't change your mind about how you look at fitness. Its not easy, actually sucks (for me), but you have 1000's of people around the world going through the same thing and helping each other get through. 
     People always complain about the price of Cross fit (I was one) as well and I would rather pay for a membership that I'm actually going to use and get results from than to sign up to a place I see 2 times a week if I'm lucky.  Results are what matter and you have to pay for quality. If you want a good steak, you can either go to the steakhouse that costs $50 a plate or Ryans buffet where it's dried out and tough for $12. You get what you pay for and I guarantee if you go to the right place then you wont regret it!
Todays workout:
4 sets 3 reps front squats (2 minute rest in between sets, last set 90% of 3 rep max)
I did:
3 reps 225
3 reps 315
3 reps 315
2 reps 345 ( I have problems with my wrists but I'll get better)



Next strict push press (no bounce)

4 sets 5 reps (up to 90% of 5 rep max) followed by strict pull ups, as many as you could do. Complete all in 2 minutes and then repeat.

I did:
5 reps 185lbs
5 reps 205lbs
5 reps 205lbs
5 reps 225lbs

     Then we had to run 1 lap (I rowed 350 meters) then 21 pushups (chest to ground, lift hands up, then back up for 1 rep), then dead lift 225lbs men/155lbs ladies. Do this 3 times as fast as you can. I finished in 9:50 today. Fastest time this morning was 7:08. Let me know how you do. Stay encouraged, stay postive and have a good workout!

No comments:

Post a Comment