Tuesday, July 15, 2014

How I got here

Well this is week 6 of my journey. For those of you tuning in for the first time my name is Jerry a.k.a Dizzy (requires a whole other page). Anyway growing up my whole life I was athletic and participated in sports such as football, wrestling and ran track. I was what people refer to as a legend in his own mind. The "Al Bundy" of Perry Hall high school who scored many touchdowns and slept with or tried to sleep with all the attractive girls who weren't afraid to shame their families by sleeping with a black guy. There were a few minorities but I wasn't black enough for most of them and not white enough for the others. I had plenty of good times but you had to be there. 

After high school there was the college years. A whole whopping 2 of them, well technically 1.5 because I was suspended for half of one ;O) Needless to say no degree, no NFL contract, and virtually no more sports. There were little spurts here and there of sand lot football leagues (call themselves semi-pro but a joke), rugby and flag football. In between all that was countless wasted dollars on memberships at gyms that i couldn't consistently go to longer than a month unless I worked there. And ya that guy/gal sitting across from you telling you how you need fitness in your life, telling you how there's no excuse not to make time for it and that your going to die if you don't!?!? They probably don't workout either. 

20 years later here I am a sloppy mess. I graduated high school 195lbs, ran the 40 meters in 4.4, could run for miles and had a body that would make your granny's panties wet. Now I'm 281lbs, run 40 meters in 4 minutes and couldn't make a woman wet even if I threw a bucket of water on her.

But ladies in gentleman I have found my motivation for change or shall I say a few things.
1. I'm tired of being fat
2. I've got a son now that I need to provide for and I want him to look up to me
3. Sex(iness) sells and I've got plans...stay tuned!
4. Ego - come on who doesn't like a few compliments
5. Clothes - If I have to buy one more pair of pants in a bigger size then I'm going to kill myself (not really)

Well those are a few of the biggest reasons I've taken on this mission. Follow me and I'll take you on my journey. I will post my workouts, what I'm doing for my diet, whats on my mind, pictures, videos and lets see where this takes us. Hopefully some will be inspired or just get a good laugh. Either way I hope you enjoy the journey with me.





No comments:

Post a Comment