Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Meet Forrest (aka Buttman) and Jenny

(Names have been changed to protect the privacy and identity of others)

So I moved back to Fredericksburg, VA with this glorious plan of using free 2 week passes at every local gym just to be cheap, knowing full well I had the intentions of joining Golds gym. And after many years of working at fitness clubs such as Balleys (who?? where did they go??), LA Fitness, and 24 hour fitness, I know how to manipulate the system to get what I want.

So I stumble into this Crossfit gym across the street from my house called Crossfit Forward. Now I've looked at the insane youtube videos and watched the Crossfit games and seen some of the workouts. All I could think was these f**kers are retarded but I was impressed and not sure I could ever get myself to that level of fitness again. Anyway so as I roll up to this barn looking building, I see big ass apes walking around with their shirts off looking at me like I'm invading their mating territory. I stroll inside and ask to meet the owner and check out the facilities and I get introduced to Buttman.

Now apparently Buttman one of the owners, only 5'8 and veins everywhere. Friendly scrawny looking dude usually with a coffee in his hand and has a firm handshake. So I tell him that I want to try the gym out one day and maybe get a membership but I had no intentions on ever joining. I was expecting a little more of an aggressive sales pitch or push to get started but Buttman was very cool. He kind of had the attitude of I don't give a shit if you do and I don't give a shit if you don't. He offered all his knowledge and assistance as part of being a member and specialized training if I needed it. I even saw mighty mouse there (knew him from Sport and health) who told me that I would love it if I tried it. I wasn't signing up for this crap!

So as fate would have it, I used maybe 3 days of my 2 week pass at 1 gym, maybe 1 day at another and was getting no where. I know how to work out but lack the drive, commitment and motivation. Then one day at work I have a good looking couple come in to buy a car. And guess where the wife works at??? You guessed it, shes a personal trainer/coach at Crossfit Forward and shes like you gotta try it. Well if your my customer and you support me then I will do whatever I can to support you. So the following week (6 weeks ago) I stepped inside the 5:30am class.

Forrest wasn't there for this class but I met his business partner Jenny. If you have ever seen the movie Forrest Gump, she never stops going. She posts exercise routines and she just keeps going and going and doesn't stop until she gets bored. The morning class wasn't to crowded, maybe 8 people and it lasted for an hour. The women looked phenomenal and the guys all looked like poster boys. And here I come looking like humpty dumpty. Everyone was very friendly and tried to encourage me to get through the workout. Ya I almost passed out a few times and took me 20 minutes longer then everyone else to finish but I was hooked.

I will tell you more about Forrest and Jenny next time. Awesome coaches!

No comments:

Post a Comment