Monday, August 18, 2014

Motivation Monday #3




1 Corinthians 6:20

For ye are bought with a price: therefore glorify God 

in your body, and in your spirit, which are God's.

1 Corinthians 12:12, 14 

For as the body is one, and hath many members, and 

all the members of that one body, being many, are 

one body: so also is Christ.

For the body is not one member, but many.

John F. Kennedy

If not us, who? If not now, when?

Eleanor Roosevelt
Remember no one can make you feel inferior without your consent.

Aristotle
Hope is a waking dream.

Theodore Roosevelt
Believe you can and you’re halfway there.

Woody Allen
Eighty percent of success is showing up.

Wilson Kanadi
To be the best, you must be able to handle the worst.

  Today is just one of those Mondays and time to get my head out of my bum. So I was challenged by Jenny this weekend to do a novice Crossfit competition on October 18. And I'm really on the fence about it.

  When I started this journey, it was all about getting in shape, being healthy and inspiring other people. I never had any aspirations of doing a competition. Mentally for me there are no points to be scored, I can't hit and hurt anybody and the only real challenge is against myself. So where is the fun in that? At first I did shoot back and tell Jenny that if I completed a sub 3 minute Fran, would she pay me and let me out of the competition? She said sure but would prefer I did the competition. So after further thought I said fine but if I win then she has to give me a BBQ for the whole gym Sunday after I win. Oh ya, I said that!

  See one thing about me is I don't do anything and not believe I'm the best. Even after its all said and done, if I'm not on the podium, I guarantee I will be far more better than I was when I first started. So I'm a winner regardless but kicking everyone else's ass is icing on the cake. 

  So no more half-assing through my workouts and no more skipping "Sunday funday". I will have to dig deep down inside myself to get through these next few challenging weeks. I know my Crossfit family will push me and help me get through.

  Remember the battle is more mental than physical. And no matter how daunting the challenge is in life, you can achieve whatever you put your mind to. You also who have people who care about you and love you no matter how much of a prick you are. Your dreams are within your grasps and if you just try one more time you might finally have your break though. If you only knew every time how close you were to accomplishing your goals or dreams just before you quit then you would probably hate yourself. It might take 1 try or 100 but after you attain it, it will be worth it! 

  Wish all of us Crossfit Forward warriors luck as we embark on this challenge. I will do my best not to let you down. Stay encouraged people. In this life we are all facing the same challenges and we don't have to go it alone. If you need support, someone to talk to, a shoulder to cry on, someone to listen, have a drink or whatever then call someone or email me. Am I my brothers keeper? YES I AM

Workout today:
Snatch work 5 sets

Next:
Squats 3 sets 10 reps - 8 reps - 8 reps and hand stand push ups in between up to 8 reps or failure

I did:

365lbs - 10 reps
385lbs - 8 reps
385lbs - 8 reps

Then:
30-20-10 Pull-ups (or ring rows), wall balls and burpees. Complete in 18 minutes or less. Do all 30 times then 20 times and then 10. Have a great day and check out this awesome lady! No excuses people and inspired by Stephen!

What can I complain about now right?!?

No comments:

Post a Comment