Tuesday, August 26, 2014

Testimony Tuesday #4



Romans 8:28

And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose.

Alice Walker

'Thank you' is the best prayer that anyone could say. I say 

that one a lot. Thank you expresses extreme gratitude, 

humility, understanding.

Zig Ziglar

Be grateful for what you have and stop complaining - it 

bores everybody else, does you no good, and doesn't solve 

any problems.

Melody Beattie

Gratitude unlocks the fullness of life. It turns what we have

into enough, and more. It turns denial into acceptance, 

chaos to order, confusion to clarity. It can turn a meal into a 

feast, a house into a home, a stranger into a friend.


Travis Barker

Thank you for life, and all the little ups and downs that 

make it worth living.


We all have something to be thankful for


  So this week I'm happy to say that my mom will be joining Crossfit Forward. You know sometimes we focus so much on trying to show people how much we love them by doing "big things" and sometimes its the small things that matters. Through my devotion, dedication and results, I have been able to get my mom motivated to get back in the gym. I wish i could give her a million dollars so she could retire and enjoy the golden years of her life. I wish she didn't have to get up at the crack ass of the morning to commute 2-3 hours in the morning to DC and back. But what I can give her is her health back and a better quality of life. Without your health then nothing else matters. She has gotten a little over weight and had to have knee surgery due to years or running and the weight. But I promise you that she will soon be another testimony!

  Its kind of funny watching her go through what a lot of us went through the first day back in the gym. The intimidation, the doubts, the fears and being scared if we can do it or not. But thankfully with the awesome coaching we have and great people to train with, she is getting through it and finding the confidence to keep coming back. So I'm extremely excited for my mom and can't wait to see the happiness on her face when shes doing workouts she never thought she could do again, running again and just having a fuller life.

  I might not have much right now but this is the gift I can give her now. Me and my mom haven't always had the best relationship but I love her none the less and I know she would do anything for me. I hope you appreciate your parents while you can and while they're still here. Its truly a blessing to have them. No matter what mistakes they made, they didn't know how to be parents and they did the best they could. All we can do is learn from it and be better than they were. We also have to learn to forgive and forget because any pain they caused usually wasn't intentional. They did the best they could and we all make mistakes. 

Proverbs 20:20
"Whoso curseth his father or his mother, his lamp shall be put out in obscure darkness."

  Remember it's all about the small things. Kind words, a hug, a pat on the back, a card, a note, a wink, a smile, paying for someones drink, a flower, reracking someones weights, bringing someone a roll of toilet paper can make a world of difference in someones life even if it seemed like nothing to you!

  And some people said they didn't see this video so I'm posting it again. Enjoy


Thanks for reading, please comment here and share!

Workout today:
Bench press 5, 3, 3,3 reps 4 sets

I did:
335lbs - 5 reps
355lbs - 3 reps
335lbs - 3 reps
335lbs - 3 reps

Then:
Dead lift using over hand 5, 5, as many as you can do

I did:
365lbs - 5 reps
365lbs - 5 reps
365lbs - 3 reps

Next:
11, 10, 9, 8.....1 Dead lift, release push-ups, box jumps

No comments:

Post a Comment