Tuesday, August 5, 2014

Testimony Tuesday


King Dave Psalms 37:4

Delight thyself also in the Lord: and he shall give thee 

the desires of thine heart.

Laurie Notaro

If you really believe in what you're doing, work hard, take

nothing personally and if something blocks one route, find 

another. Never give up.


Richard Nixon

Never let your head hang down. Never give up and sit down 

and grieve. Find another way. And don't pray when it rains if 

you don't pray when the sun shines.

  Since I have started at Crossfit Forward 9 weeks ago I have

seen a lot of improvements. My weight was around 287lbs 

and now I'm around 274lbs. My goal is to get down to 

220lbs! My conditioning is getting better weekly but I still 

suck compared to the vets but I'm finishing the workouts. 

I'm getting stronger and have more energy throughout the 

day.

  Besides results from the gym I'm thankful I have my family, 

a great gym community who is very supportive, I'm healthy 

and I'm learning again about commitment. Never forget that 

even in the situation you're in, you are still truly blessed. It 

could always be worse.

  I so look forward to the day I can enjoy cake and cookies 

again! Soon, very soon! Be encouraged and stay 

encouraged! It will get better.





Today' workout:

4 sets 3 reps of pause (3 seconds) bench press (complete in


2 minutes then begin next set)



I did:

3 reps 275lbs
3 reps 295lbs
3 reps 315lbs
3 reps 315lbs

Then:
4 sets 5 reps dead lift with double overhand grip (50%, 60%, 70%, 80% of 1 rep max)


I did:

5 reps 315lbs
2 reps 365lbs / 3 reps 315lbs
5 reps 315lbs
5 reps 315lbs

Then:
In 12 minutes do as many rounds as possible of:
5 power clean and jerk 155lbs men/ 105lbs women
10 toes to bar (modified: knees to chest or leg raises on your back)
15 burpees


I completed 3 full rounds, started my 4th round and finished with 5 power cleans, 10 knees to chest, 7 burpees. Now you try and have fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment