Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Testimony Tuesday #2

Phillipians 4:6
Be careful for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God.

Cicero
A thankful heart is not only the greatest virtue, but the parent of all other virtues

Albert Schweitzer
At times our own light goes out and is rekindled by a spark from another person. Each of us has cause to think with deep gratitude of those who have lighted the flame within us.

Oprah Winfrey 
Be thankful for what you have; you'll end up having more. If you concentrate on what you don't have, you will never, ever have enough.


  So this is my 10th week at Crossfit Forward and I am down 18lbs from where I started and still going. The journey has been challenging thus far but I'm excited about the possibilities. I want to thank the coaching staff and owners from great programming. Also I wouldn't be able to get through the workouts without the awesome people who come every morning and suffer through the pain with me. They encourage me through every exercise and make me better everyday.

  I know sometimes its hard to look past the negative stuff in our lives but there is so much to be thankful for. And if your really tired of the situation then change it. And surround yourself with the right people who will help you stay committed, encourage you and support you. Don't know anybody, then contact me and I will or I find you someone who can!

Workout today:
4 sets 5 reps pause bench press

I did:
295lbs - 5 reps
295lbs - 5 reps
295lbs - 4 reps
275lbs - 4 reps

Next:
Double over hand hook grip deadlifts 3 sets

Then:
3 minute rouds - 10 deadlifts then 20 burpees (do as many as you can in 3 min then 1 minute break) 
Do this for 3 rounds

Apparently we were suppose to do as many as possible in 3 minutes and not stop but hey, at least I showed up :O). You try it and don't forget to be thankful today! 

No comments:

Post a Comment