Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Testimony Tuesday #3




Colossians 3:15

And let the peace of God rule in your hearts, to the which also ye are called in one body; and be ye thankful.

Albert Schweitzer

In everyone's life, at some time, our inner fire goes out. It is

then burst into flame by an encounter with another human 

being. We should all be thankful for those people who 

rekindle the inner spirit.

Oprah Winfrey

Be thankful for what you have; you'll end up having more. If 

you concentrate on what you don't have, you will never, 

ever have enough.

Harvey Mackay

Talent is God-given; be humble. Fame is man-given; be 

thankful. Conceit is self-given; be careful.


  Sorry for the late post but had a long night at a Redskins 

football game. God is good, my manager gave me 2 free 

tickets to sit 5 rows back on the 30 yard line behind the 

Redskins bench. 

  Anyway I'm pumped to say that I will compete in the Festivus 

Games October 18, 2014 and about 20 other people from my gym 

will be competing as well. There will be 3 events and  a lot of 

competitors but Crossfit Forward is coming to shut it down! 

  One great thing about competition you have to remember is that is 

50% is mental, 45% preparation and 5% executing on the day in 

question which you already know you can do. I see guys dead 

lifting +600lbs, benching +500lbs, running miles in 5 minute splits

and that's great. But I am so much further than I was 3 months ago 

and so thankful. I wasn't born to be Rich Froning or Obama. I was 

born to be the best person I can be and with the help of all of you 

and Crossfit Forward, I'm making accomplishments I didn't know 

were still possible. 


  With that being said I guarantee that no matter where we finish, that we are winners already for accepting the challenge and showing up. Track your times and your numbers and get ready to hit personal best records that day. You have no idea how far your body can take you. Your only limited by the thoughts in your mind. So get ready to be the best you, that you can be. Don't worry about what I'm doing or the next competitor is doing. When you go to sleep tonight and you ask yourself, "did I do everything possible to push myself today" and you can say yes? Then that's all the matters. You are doing what most people wish they could do (and can do but are to lazy or unmotivated to) and that is trying! Sounds so ridiculous and simple but how many people  do you know say they wish they had time, wish they could lose weight or run or travel or whatever. Your awesome. Keep it up!


Workout today:
4 sets pause bench press 5 reps, 5 reps, 3 reps, 3 reps

I did:
315lbs - 5 reps
325lbs - 4 reps
325lbs - 3 reps
325lbs - 3 reps

Next:
3 sets over hand dead lift 5 reps, 5 reps, as many as you can do
I did:

365lbs - 5 reps
405lbs - 3 reps
365lbs - 5 reps (working a grip technique called hook grip and I'm still trying to get better with it. Allows you to hold more weight after you get use to feeling like your dislocating your thumb.

Next:

11, 10, 9, .... to 1 Kettle bell (70lbs men/ 50lbs women) swings and box Jumps. I did it in 11:47. Slowest in the gym today but I'm better than when I first started! Have a great day and thanks for reading.


No comments:

Post a Comment